Buscar este blog

domingo, 15 de mayo de 2011

What do you want in a car advert?


If I ask you what car brand comes to your head when you see this picture, I´m sure you´ll answer BMW. This is only one example about an eficient advert. You see an image, and quickly some ideas appears in your brain.

In fact, in the automotive world we can consider marketing from the adverts on TV to the size of the tires, throught the car´s name. Everithing is  very important, and everithing is thoroughly studied. Maybe an advert like this is not our favourite or inclusive, if you let me to say, everyone can think "I´m sure I could make a better advert". But the reality is that I only need to show you one image lost on internet and you´ll be thinking I want.

So the question is "Is it necesary to show the car´s features on TV to achieve good sales of the product?". Of course, like you can imagine, the answer is NO. The reason is simple, just marketing. Everyone is conditioned.

But, I have to tell you something. As a car lover, when I watch a car advert on TV, I want to see the car, hear the sound and feel the adrenaline I could feel if I´ll drive that car. Some of this things are difficult to show if you want to sell a Kia Picanto, for example, but I have seen one that makes me feel good, very good. I´ll show you in the next post...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario